Shrimp Scampi is a very popular southern-style way to prepare shrimp. Serve this wonderful scampi by Diana Rattray of Southern Food Guide as a first course or serve with hot cooked rice or angel hair pasta and a salad for a complete meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp (about 16 to 24)
- 1/3 cup clarified butter
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh if possible
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Rinse shrimp and set aside. Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic for one or two minutes or until softened but not browned.
- Add shrimp, green onions, wine and lemon juice; cook until shrimp are pink and firm, about one to two minutes on each side. Do not overcook.
- Add chopped parsley and salt and pepper before serving. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs if desired.
Serves four as a main dish or 8 as a first course.